Surely, everyone, these days is making sustainable choices. We all are shifting towards eco-friendly Products. Living a natural lifestyle brings many benefits to the mind, body, and soul. There are many ways of making these changes, such as using organic skin care products, reusable products, and reusable kitchen utensils. Once you start incorporating such small changes, you can slowly bring in significant changes, including in your home. Making these environmentally friendly swaps will increase the house's value and save you from thousands of money bills in the short term and long term, making it an eco-friendly home.
A green home is a type of home that has been designed in an environmentally sustainable way. Green homes focus on the efficient consumption of water, energy, building materials, and sustainably sourced materials used in eco-friendly houses.
Here are a few points for transforming your home into an eco-friendly house.
1. Did you know that toothbrushes are not recyclable, as small parts of them get stuck in the machinery
2. We replace around 300 toothbrushes roughly during our lifetime.
3. Toothbrushes are a major concern as they cause landfills.
4. Bamboo toothbrushes are eco-friendly because they are remade from bamboo and are mostly biodegradable products.
5. If you want to recycle or compost your bamboo toothbrushes, you have to remove the nylon bristles.
6. Similarly, you can use bamboo-tongue cleaners instead of plastic ones.
7. You can also use coir dry body brushes to exfoliate your body as the thecoirandwood used in them are green product.
1. If you have a backyard, keeping the grass green and luscious is verytediousandcomplicated work.
2. Since much watering goes into keeping it green, it is unsustainable.
3. If you reside in warm climatic regions, try planting a succulent garden it requires very little water and looks like a desert-inspired, eco-friendly, and timeless garden.
4. People living in much cooler climates than tropical regions are opting for drought-tolerant plants like clover.
5. Clover lawns are great substitutes for turfgrassasthey thrive in full sunlight.
6. Xeriscaping is thenewtrendin the gardening society, which literally means landscaping and lawns that require very littlewatertoflourish.
7. Hence people areshiftingtodrought-tolerantlandscapingto convert their houses into eco-friendly homes.
1. Shop for groceries using reusable shopping bags, plastic bags are terrible for our environment and landfills.
2. Segregate waste to facilitate recycling and disposal.
3. Pick out reusablebagsforshopping that aremadefromorganic materials like hemp, cotton, and mesh.
4. Always shop for fresh and organic vegetables and fruits directly from the farmers.
5. Avoid using chemical cleansers for washing vessels and countertops, andstartusingeco-friendly products like baking soda powder, citrus peel bio-enzymes, vinegar, lemon juice, and peels.
6. These bio-enzymes are biodegradable alternatives for harsh chemical cleaners.
7. Stop using thosenylonscrubbers and padsandoptfor eco-friendly products like brushes made out of coconut coir bristlesandvegetable scrubs.
8. Eco-friendly houses also have stylish-looking coconut shell bowls as they are sustainable products.
9. Coconut shell bowls look really good if you like clicking food pictures for Instagram.
10. When throwing a party, ensure that biodegradable products such as plates, glasses, and decorations are being used.
11. Do you remember plates and bowls were made out of dry leaves? The Indian lifestyle has always been eco-friendly and sustainable, but since the slow adaptation of Western culture, we have forgotten our natural roots.
12. These days, one-time-used disposables are a no-go, and palm leaves are beingusedtomake biodegradable products. Disposables are one of the main reasons for landfills.
13. Avoid cooking in Teflon-coated non-stick pans, as they are known for releasing toxic chemicals that jeopardize you and the environment.
14. Start using clay pots, heavy stainless steel, and cast iron pans, as they are sustainable and long-lasting alternatives.
15. Try using metal water bottles and containers while on the go.
16. Use natural beeswaxclothorwraps for carrying sandwiches and fruits.
17. Mix a compost bin with the organic kitchen wastes and scraps with the dry leaves.
18. By doing so, the wastes will decompose and rewardyouwithnutrient-rich soilthatwillgrow your vegetables, fruits, and flowers.
An eco-friendly home is crucial for the growth of kids of this and future generations.
1. “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle,” each and every product we buy has a carbon footprint; therefore, think twice before you shop.
2. Adding solar panelstoyourlow-cost, eco-friendly house designs is an excellent way to reduce your carbon footprint.
3. Sustainable clothing plays a vital role in saving the environment as they are not mass-produced, making them the perfect choice.
4. Opt for clothingmadefrommore breathable and eco-friendly fabrics such as organic cotton, bamboo textile, hemp, and modal.
5. If you are in the market for a new car, look out for a fuel-efficient vehicle, and you will save money and carbon footprint over the years.
6. Create an eco-friendly product list and educate people about the environmental crisis.
7. Boycott brands that endanger wildlife, and check out vegan brands.
8. Affordable, sustainable clothing is a rageforyoungsters as they are expensive and more eco-friendly.
9. Meat production is one of the most environmentally catastrophic industries. These industries use loads of water, emissions from greenhouse gases, pollution, and habitat destruction.
10. Prevent food waste by preplanning meals and buying what is only required.
11. All the newly constructed-friendly housedesignsinIndia are optingforrooftopsolar panels to save and store energy.
12. Start rainwater harvesting to Store rainwater, as it will be fruitful for summers.
13. Opt for organic beauty products as they benefit your skin and the environment.
1. Energy-efficient appliances help to prevent greenhouse gas emissions. These greenhouse gases are the leading cause of global warming and climate change. Hence energy efficient appliances protect the environment, makingthemecofriendly products.
2. These appliances consume significantly less energy and water, which in turn saves electricity and water bills for years to come.
3. They help in saving money by reducing the consumption of electricity.
4. Upgrading to LED bulbs is more sustainable because they are much cooler than incandescent light.
5. Making the switch offers significant energy savings. This makes them green products.
6. Solar panels are the most sustainable product you can add to your existing home.
7. Solar panels are great for preserving natural resources, as these panels use sunlight to generate electricity.
8. Use organic cleaning products for your body and home as they are better for the environment.
The first step of moving towards an eco-friendly lifestyle starts at home. Educate the kids and people around you about the benefits of converting to an eco-friendly home and making Mother Earth a better place to live. Remember, change is now.